- Bonding Agents
- Coatings, Primers & Sealers
- Curing & Hardening Compounds
- Epoxies: Low Viscosity
- Epoxies: Epoxy Repair Compounds
- Epoxies: Trowel Grade
- Fiberglass System & Shapes
- Grouts: Cementitious
- Grouts: Epoxy
- Grouts: Polymer
- Grouts: Polyurethane
FX-32 Catalytic Agent
FX-32 Catalytic Agent is a high range water reducing admixture for Portland cement based materials. FX-32 CA is available in liquid or powder forms and meets the performance requirements of ASTM C 494 Type F admixtures. A water reduction, in concrete and grout up to 25% can be achieved at a normal level of workability FX-32 provides excellent workability of plastic concrete, superior later-age strength and improved finishability, FX-32 produces high-early strength, scale resistant concrete or grout even with low cement mixes.
- Reduces water demand of Portland cement mixes.
- Retards initial set, depending on dosage used from 1/2 to 1 hour when compared to control mix. It is capable of producing structural concrete in 24 hours.
- Increases density and lowers chloride and other chemical intrusion.
- Increases bond of new concrete or mortar to old.
- Resists attack by water with an altered pH condition or salt spray when used in marine environment or on bridge decks.
- Lower water content reduces shrinkage by 25% to 40%.
WHERE TO USE:
In concrete: For use where corrosion resistance is an Important design consideration, and where the level of chloride or chemical intrusion is needed to be kept to its lowest possible levels.
In grout: To increase fluidity, strength, density and bond. Bridge decks, tie backs, underpinning precast concrete, parking decks, and on-grade highway patching are examples of where FX-32CA has been successfully employed.
Concrete gives compressive strengths of 7000 to 9000 psi in 28 days depending on the dosage used. FX-32CA contains no calcium chloride, salts, foaming agents or sugar.
If air-entrained concrete or mortars are desired, trial mixes should be run to establish the amount of air-entraining agent required and the compatibility of the cement used (do not use Type II cement or Type I modified, unless trial mixes have established their compatibility). Usually, 1 to 2.5 liquid ounces of a vinsol resin type air-entraining agent such as FX-340 is recommended.
FX-32CA Liquid - Use 16 to 32 ounces of FX-32CA per 100 lbs of cement, depending upon design requirements.
FX-32 CA Powder - Use 1/2 to 1 lb per 100 lbs of cement, depending upon design requirements.
Mix designs can be provided by Fox Industries.
16 fluid ounces of FX-32CA per 100 lbs of cement will retard the initial set of concrete or mortar approximately 1/2 to 1 hour at 70°F, while reducing water requirements for a given slump by 15% to 25%.
FX-32CA liquid is packaged in 5 gallon pails or 55-gallon drums.
FX-32CA powder is packaged 33 pounds in a 5 gallon pail.
Prevent liquid from freezing. Keep powder dry. Avoid extreme heat (above120°F) in storage.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY. KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN. 6/2007